Wednesday 30 May 2007

Death View?

I've just got home from my friend’s house. His mum passed away battling cancer. She was 57 this year. My friend been a filial son, he took care of his ailing mother for 2 years without leaving her sight. While paying my last respect and passing condolences to my friend, I have this though across my mind

Life is so fragile; with the pollutant of the world nowadays people are just not as strong as they were eons ago. Along the way we human absorb foreign teachings, believes and religion to show, protect and shield us from act of empathy? Chinese cultures for example love paying homage and respect to the death, out of traditions they will spend on lavishly ancient ceremonies; out of love perhaps or was it to show grandeur of status?

In life we can't escape worries, pain and ultimately death. It is not death that is frightening but the process of waiting and treatment we give and received while waiting for death to claim us. So what must we the living one do till then? My questions are on the end of the days, are we treating the one still living then well by our thought and actions?

I for one sure ain't gonna live my life in regrets for not telling the living that I loved and treasured them very much~ RIP

No comments: