Wednesday 6 June 2007

The King of Pain ; Gout


This few days while rushing for ‘End of Month A/C’ I felt sick *probably lack of fluid intake * and suffered butts load of pains! When I was younger sometimes I have this excruciating pain at my ankle or knee after sports. Then there are days out of blue the pain just happened, it is so unbearable that I could not even walk at times; even the slightest touch of the morning bed sheet brings jolting pain! Now if Pain comes in flavors, I probably have tasted them all!

It took several years and over a dozen more attacks before I was diagnosis with “Gout”. Mine are hereditary since my family history got them. Gout is a rheumatic disease that is caused by too much uric acid in the blood. Over time, uric acid in the blood crystallizes and settles in the joint spaces, causing swelling and pain. Just imagine putting some sands in between an open wound and grinds them. Ouch~

No comments: