Sunday 10 August 2008

改善 KAIZEN : Day 1

August 9 Saturday:
I went to work a little late though I woke up very early, lazing around on the bed.
As I approach the factory, I saw the usual daily pickup of recycled paper truck, so I went to have a chat with the driver and enquired if he knows any good scrap yard company to do my bidding.

I then went up to the office to talk to manager regarding my plan for today, he didn’t say much; I guess he acknowledged. I spent my whole morning visualizing, inspecting and drawing up the factory floor plan. The FP is kind enough to provide me with 4 additional night shift workers to help around with the task. It was around 11+ I receive a call from the scrap company; they provide free transportation which is good; save cost.

The whole cleaning process started around 1pm beginning with the back lane. Plastic drums, containers, paint cans, metal spare part (ventilators, hydraulic, spare part, palette jacks and compressors) are counted for and loaded in the truck. It took 2 trips to complete the whole task, roughly bout 5+ hours.

On the front I only managed to clear a container of recycled paper (reject and wasted print paper). The time wasn’t enough to proper clear these paper waste. I roughly estimate there might be at least 10 tons of paper to be discarded.

All the collection of waste recycled will be funded to purchase cleaning tools and paints which again will be decided on Monday.

.....................................................................................

Osy been feeling a bit blue recently, felt bad that I couldn’t find time to cheer her up. Sometimes I wonder are all women easily get depressed under strenuous situation?

Perhaps it’s the men fault failing to listen attentively. Cbc better learn to buckle up soon if he want things to turn better.

No comments: