Thursday 20 September 2007

The interview

Well….I’m done with the interview. Not even sure if I’ll get it; nowadays there’s too many uncertainty in life to carry such high hope.

I arrived 10mins late, luckily made a call and it seems that the interviewer is coming in late too; noon traffic in Klang valley is getting worse day by day. Since I’m ‘early’ and decide not to announce my present at the store, I have a light snack at McD’s nearby to unwind and mentally prepare myself for what to talk about. It suddenly dawn upon me that I have nothing to say nor can I describe half of what I’ve been doing for the past 6years. I though of skipping the interview and go home~

It is at that very moment I asked myself “Are you ready?” “Are you capable of doing it?”
The saying “Hou Ma Bat Shek Wui Tao Chou” A good horse would never eat gostan grass? *hahaha!! Years of being a free tiger that roams the forest is now back on leash definitely got me thinking deep....no more flexible working hours and perks of being the big guns.

I finally meet the one interviewing me.. the session was fairly pleasant and smooth *I think!!. At one time he asked me a question “What makes you think that you’re capable for this position? “ wahseh! I spoke too soon ….“ I love power!! I loves managing people; if I’m not~ I wouldn’t be seeing you in the first place! *wtf is that?* …mouth overshot the mind... He seems rather stunned with my answer and proceeds to jot down those QnA’s feedback form and said “Good!”

For many people, their job is a big part of their identity – which is fine to a point. But such close identification can lead to problems. Losing your job is bad enough, but if your self-image is tied up to the job you’ve just lost, you can also lose a sense of who you are!

“You Job Is What You Do, Not Who You Are”

What else do I got to lose eh?

4 comments:

zewt said...

but to many... without a job, they cant be who they are... sad indeed.

hope you get the job... but remember not to make it your life.

cossie said...

what job?

Grace said...

I SALUTE YOU..=.=
But maybe because of that.. he likes you..
Ah.. I also got interview tomorrow..

Obsius said...

sounded like a fun interview :) I'm sure you'll do fine!

when u start the job (hehe, i'm optimistic), jom keluar yam cha again ;)