Wednesday 3 September 2008

Myocardial infarction

Just like any ordinary working day, I woke up preparing to go to work. While I was showering, I heard a grunt from the room across; thinking it’s my old man probably doing his spiritual breathing exercise.

As I done dressing and headed down to go to work, he stopped me and said “Boy, no need go to work today, you need sent me to the hospital.. I’m having some chest pain and I think it might be a heart attack.” – seriously.. I didn’t have any expression nor am I surprised…just space out.

He packed a little bag with some clothing and a bottle of water. We head to the local GH, the whole time we didn’t spoke much. I drop him off the emergency entrance and proceed to find a parking. Gosh.. it’s so hard to find a parking space nowadays.. nevertheless I’ve finally found one empty lot beside the morgue room.

As I head toward the entrance I gave him a call, he said “Well I’m being examined by the doctor now why don’t you get something to eat at the canteen and come back a little while as I’m not sure if the doctor allow you to enter.” He even gave me the medical term of his condition and ask me to Google it~ – I said ok, telling him I going out for food and look up a friend and be back later.

Headed back to my car and drove out of GH…wondering around…settle for chicken rice half an hour later, went home to tell my sis that he might be staying a day for further observation. Just before noon I met my old man in the ward answering some questions by the M.O on duty; perhaps it the volume of patients or work stress..the M.O expression really suckball..felt like giving him a blow to the head..smile abit la a--hole~

Anyway I talked for another hour with my old man.. apparently there’s an emergency and the M.O got to take leave performing CPR on the bed beside me; I learned that the poor dude is 97 old..dying soon I supposed.. – Again I watched without neither flinching nor felt any emotion.

The whole time I was in the GH and ward…everything I saw look kinda familiar, it’s like I’ve been there before…* I was warded before when I was very young due to food poisoning, maybe it the same floor, I dunno~*. I saw a lot of sickly people, emergency crash victims and bedridden ventilator dependant patients and I just watch without feeling a slight emotion of anything.

Tomorrow the results are out, hope my old man is doing ok. He has been a very strong person, even drafts a letter to the lawyer before leaving the house...ensuring all is well at home.

This few years been tough, so much is happening and every now and then it never cease to excite and amazes me of the changing around me...…I begin to wonder at which point of time I started being cold or just numb to everything nowadays??

No comments: