Wednesday 3 September 2008

Intravenous Theory


I visited my old man today during lunch, as I was entering the ward.. I saw him… a stand out among the sickly.. happily chatting with the cute doctor; a 3rd year medical doctor. *it runs in the family.. tendencies to ‘interview’ people* =x

Now I could see that my old man is quite happy being in there… there hundreds of people he can talked to.. . I asked him if he wishes to upgrade his stay to a higher class, he declined and said “It’s alright~ I’m quite happy here.”


so many 'target' to talk too... =)

I asked if he slept well last night, which he did naturally.. . He relates one incident though. There he was lying on his bed resting/reading, suddenly a nurse come around to insert an I.V drip for him. He stops the nurse with a smile and said:

“Miss, May you give me one reason why I must need that I.V drip?”
*my old man is warded for observation dues to chest pain and is still waiting for the test result to be confirmed*

Nurse: *with an unpleasant tone* “You dowan, then duwan”
*wahlao.. IV drip is optional gar??, I suspect the dozen of patients I saw before me has been victim of CUCUK BUTA~* o.0!

Old Man: *again with a huge smile* “Miss, you’re a professional, if you wish to poke me with that needle at least you should tell me what’s it for since I’m here under observation awaiting test results and I see no reason why I should be put on I.V drip, perhaps you should check with the doctor if I need a hole on my arm”
*sick edi still got energy argue~ hahahaaha *

His morale of the story is “Don’t get free poke, unless you know what it’s for”

Seeing my old man still active and positive charged attitude makes me laugh. He even chased a doctor down the hall for his test results.. *wahlao.. slow abit -.=! *

3 comments:

zewt said...

your old man sure has great sense of humour :)

how is he doing now?

-=SiN=- said...

zewt : oh he is doing great now~ Apparently the doctor having a hard time to determine if it's a heart attack and the actual cause of pain.

It’s seems the ECG and blood test have conflicting result.

zewt said...

maybe it's a panic attack... :)