Wednesday 26 November 2008

Touché!

"To love is to suffer. To avoid suffering one must not love. But then one suffers from not loving. Therefore to love is to suffer, not to love is to suffer. To suffer is to suffer. To be happy is to love. To be happy then is to suffer. But suffering makes one unhappy. Therefore, to be unhappy one must love, or love to suffer, or suffer from too much happiness. I hope you're getting this down." - Woody Allen



Lately so many crazy personal issues cropping up, find it even difficult to describe such situation. Then there so many opinions from everyone, good and bad which reminds me of zewt’s reader comment.
“Opinions are like assholes - everybody has one and it's usually full of shit.”

"...you were my heart's desire before you were known to me. I beheld your features with my soul ere I saw them with my eyes; rumors, that told me of you, were the first to deal my wound." – Ouch!!

But when I decide to run all those opinion through and through…it becomes a cognitive dissonance, caught in an Eros vs. Caritas ways..

"If Love's a Sweet Passion, why does it torment?
If a Bitter, oh tell me whence comes my content?
Since I suffer with pleasure, why should I complain,
Or grieve at my Fate, when I know 'tis in vain?
Yet so pleasing the Pain is, so soft is the Dart,
That at once it both wounds me, and Tickles my Heart."
-Henry Purcell

No comments: